Monday, October 8, 2012

Chapter 27-34: Before the Trigger

Newt and I ran to the Homestead to Alby's room. When we got there, Newt woke him up. First thing Alby said was everything is going to change, just as Gally, Benny, and the girl had said earlier. That's all Newt really heard because Alby shouted that only I could hear what he has to say. Alby said, "Seen it. Seen everything. Where we came from, who you are. Who the girl is. I remember the "Flare." I had no idea what the Flare is, but after he said that, he started to choke himself like someone was controlling him not wanting him to tell more. "Newt!" I screamed. "Newt get in here." It is not surprising he was listening through the door. After we got him to stop, he said it was not him, but he said something else interesting. "Protect the maps." I was with Newt the rest of the day trying to figure out where Gally is, what just happened, and any other information we could get our hands on. During that day, we went to see the girl. When we got in there, I was to look at her to remember anything. She told me her name in my mind, and she also said my name. Teresa is her name. I jumped from my chair wondering who said that, so when she said my name, I went as far away from her as possible in the room because I knew it was her. Newt asked what was wrong, so I said, "She's...she's freakin' talking to me. In my head. She just said my name!" She also said that she is a trigger, we did this to the Gladers, and it has to end. After that shocking moment, I ran as fast as I can to the furthest place I could find. I ended up sleeping in the Deadheads, and Chuck woke me up. This is my day to go to the Slammer. After the day was about to end, Alby let me out. I ate a great meal of beef and cookies and went to bed. The next day was my first day of training to be a Runner. Minho gave me new, size eleven running shoes, tight shorts and tight shirt, backpack with supplies, and most importantly, a watch. Next, he showed me their weapons room filled with knifes, bows, arrows, daggers, sticks, and spikes. After I picked two knifes, we went to the map room to show me how to write a map, using the map from the day before. When I finally got how to write one, we ran into the Maze fast, so I tried to keep up with Minho. I saw that Minho cut vines down to find our way back just like Hansel and Gretel. During our lunch break, he told me what happened with the "dead" Griever. He said Alby poked it with his foot, so it came to life and trampled over Alby to get away from them. Two more hours past while running, when I saw a sign that said, "WORLD IN CATASTROPHE: KILLZONE EXPERIMENT DEPARTMENT." Minho said there all over the walls in the Maze. One hour after lunch, Minho said it's time to go back. The rest of my day I was exhausted, but when I was sitting in my favorite spot in the Deadheads, Teresa talked in my mind that she just triggered the ending. When I woke up, the sky was gray with no sun. Minho found me and rushed me into the Maze for my second day, even though what just happened that morning. In the Maze we saw a Griever in between sections of the Maze. We followed it for ten minuets, and we saw it jump off the Cliff and disappeared in mid flight. "A shadow swallowed by more shadow."

No comments:

Post a Comment